Seeking a position in the field of product quality assurance and usability testing that requires strong task analysis, problem solving, programming and documenting skills. Would welcome a UX-centered IT company with a potential for professional development.
- 10+ years of engineering, designing and implementing websites for businesses, ISPs and United Nations;
- 6+ years of programming interactive website components and testing client/server systems;
- 2 years of documenting web applications;
- Analytically wired mind, creativity, self-motivation and compulsive attention to detail;
- Strong oral and written communication and teamwork skills, tutoring experience;
- Electronics and software break on me all the time.
Relevant technical expertise and skills
Professional expertise in the following communication applications, protocols and technologies:
- Test automation applications: Selenium;
- Website analysis tools: Google Analytics, WebTrends Log Analyzer;
- E-Commerce platforms: Magento, LiteCommerce, X-Cart, Ecwid;
- Web development applications: Coda, vi, DreamWeaver;
- Ticketing systems: Mingle, Trac;
- Revision control: svn, git;
- RDBMS: MySQL, MS SQL;
- Operating systems: UNIX (Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Linux, Solaris), Windows;
- Graphics design tools: expert in Adobe Photoshop;
- Documenting systems: EC software Help&Manual, Macromedia ROBOHelp, LaTeX.
- Web Services Application Engineering, WWW Concepts, Internet Concepts, Internet Industry Knowledge, HTML;
- Apache Administration (Master Level), Web Server Administration, Unix Administration;
- Written English, English Vocabulary, Written Russian (Master level).
December 2009 – present: Business owner
Petsimo, Santa Clara, CA
Perform all functions pertaining to running a successful ($300K+ sales in 2012) online store, including:
- Setting up, designing, maintaining and updating a standalone online store;
- Developing the promotion strategy and maintaining the social network presence;
- Performing market research and analysis;
- Running Amazon and Buy.com merchant accounts;
- Providing customer service.
May 2007 – September 2010: Website developer
Jacknyfe Inc., Burlingame, CA
- Developed user interaction and interface design solutions for JS-Kit web services (now Echo platform, aboutecho.com);
- Created mock-ups and visual elements;
- Designed, engineered and implemented from scratch the website of JS-Kit.com;
- Coordinated and facilitated translations of JS-Kit.com services and website into multiple languages;
- Designed corporate materials and promotional products.
April 2005 – July 2006: Documentation engineer (English language)
Creative Development LLC, Ulyanovsk, Russia
- Structured, authored and updated user reference manuals and other end-user documentation for two e-commerce software product lines;
- Recommended user interaction and interface design solutions for core components and add-on modules of the software product lines;
- Performed usability and quality assessments of software core components and add-on modules (entailed analyzing source code in PHP/MySQL);
- Prepared software release announcements and corresponding promotional materials, and edited the contents of video presentations of new software;
- Designed software and service quality satisfaction surveys and monitored quality control initiatives.
September–November 2004: Associate Information Officer
Division for the Advancement of Women (DESA/DAW), United Nations, New York, NY
- Restructured and extensively updated the DAW website;
- Maintained and updated the websites of multiple UN entities to ensure complete web coverage of gender-related initiatives of the UN system;
- Coordinated online discussions, designed PowerPoint presentations and publication covers for DAW.
October 2000 – May 2004: Web-manager
WomenWatch, Division for the Advancement of Women (DESA/DAW), United Nations, New York, NY
- Re-engineered the WomenWatch website navigation and introduced new design, which resulted in measurable improvements in usability;
- Developed and implemented the WomenWatch Portal project, which included: designing the portal database, creating and amending the end-user web interface and web-enabled mechanisms for managing the data, collecting and organizing the data for the portal, and writing the corresponding documentation;
- Created a mechanism for registering DAW event participants online;
- Maintained and extensively updated the WomenWatch website; transformed the website maintenance workflow by introducing template-based approach (using DreamWeaver MX templates), style sheets and converting elements of the website to database-driven pages (using ASP/MS SQL);
- Managed assessment of the WomenWatch website and participated in working out website development strategies;
- Performed analysis of web-server log data.
March 1999 – May 2000: Multimedia Specialist
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) / United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS), Kigali, Rwanda
- Designed the navigational structure, layout and style for web-sites of multiple UN bodies in Rwanda.
- Provided intensive 2-week training in networking (web-administrating course) organized by UNDP for national counterpart institutions and UN system colleagues.
March 1998 – February 1999: Webmaster
Ulyanovsk Telegraph-Telephone station (regional ISP), Telecom department, Ulyanovsk, Russia
- Engineered, designed, implemented and maintained the corporate website.
Master of Science in Applied Mathematics
Ulyanovsk State University (former Ulyanovsk branch of Moscow State University), Ulyanovsk, Russia
Major: Computer Science
Master of Science in Linguistics and Interpreting, cum laude
Ulyanovsk State University, Ulyanovsk, Russia
Major: English-Russian Interpreting